NECA Training & Apprenticeships is continuing to monitor and respond to the information being provided by the national and local Authorities in regard to COVID-19.
Advice for Hosts
Our goal is to protect the health of our apprentices, your team and our own team during this challenging period. Where it is within the Authorities’ guidelines to do so, we want apprentices to continue to safely work with you, gaining essential on-the-job experience.
It is essential that all apprentices remain at home if they have any flu-like symptoms and seek medical advice either by contacting their GP, or if they have symptoms associated with COVID-19, by calling the Health Direct hotline on 1800 022 222.
If a NECA apprentice is sent home unwell, please notify us.
We will continue to provide support to our hosts, apprentices and learners throughout this period. We have implemented additional safety measures within our offices to protect our team and to reduce direct personal contact. Some team members are working remotely and visits to our offices will need to be confirmed in advance. We appreciate your patience with any minor delays as we manage our support under these new arrangements.
Field Officer visits
Field visits are able to be conducted remotely. Where it is appropriate to conduct a visit face to face, social distancing will be maintained and the field officer can conduct the visit and assessment outside the site.
NECA’s Centres of Excellence at Chullora and Fyshwick are continuing to train. Our courses have been reconfigured to a combined online theory and one-on-one practical training format to maintain social distancing and prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Our Certificate III apprentices are all currently learning remotely.
We have put in place heightened personal hygiene measures for both staff and students including:
- Social distancing
- Providing alcohol-based hand sanitiser for staff and students
- Sanitising all equipment and frequently accessed surfaces after every class
- Preventing any staff or student who has flu-like symptoms from attending
- Monitoring and adhering to government-health advice around the pandemic
Stimulus package assistance for hosts and apprentices
We are engaging with Government through the National Apprentice Employment Network and pro-actively pursuing opportunities to support apprentices and hosts. This includes
- Processing the ‘Supporting Apprentices and Trainees’ 50% wage rebate for small-business hosts. These payments will be passed on to hosts as soon as they are received.
- Registering for JobKeeper. If NECA is eligible we will pass on the payment to the host for the periods any apprentice is engaged
- Providing advice to apprentices on how to navigate government benefits if they are stood down
- Looking for opportunities for displaced apprentices
You can continue to contact us in the usual way. For general enquiries:
NECA Electrical Apprenticeships
NSW (Head office): (02) 9744 2754, firstname.lastname@example.org
ACT: (02) 6280 5580, GTACT@necatraining.com.au
QLD: 0412 344 109, OpsQLD@necatraining.com.au
Office: (02) 9188 4424, email@example.com