To view detailed information about the licencing process on the Department of Fair Trading website click HERE
Location: 30 Day street North, Silverwater NSW 2128
UEENEEE101A – Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace (Release 2)
UEENEEP010A – Disconnect-reconnect appliances connected to low voltage installation wiring (Release 3)
UEENEEP015A – Disconnect-reconnect motors connected to low voltage installation wiring (Release 2)
UEENEEP014A – Disconnect-reconnect water heaters connected to low voltage installation wiring (Release 2)
Duration: 4 days
Cost: $1500 AUD (GST Exempt) – Payable by EFT or credit card upon registration.
Overview: The unit coverage excludes disconnecting or reconnecting circuits at a switchboard or to general electrical accessories (including switches, socket outlets, circuit protective devices etc); or installation of or alteration to any part of the fixed electrical wiring system (defined as electrical installing work).
Who is it for? This course is suitable for non-electrical tradespeople wanting to perform their own electrical connections when conducting a like-for-like replacement. The most common example is a plumber wanting to connect power to a hot water system, water pump or combination gas/electric oven.
Method of Delivery: Classroom theory and practical skills workshop
What to Bring:
- Photo ID (eg Drivers licence)
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment which consists of a long sleeved cotton shirt, cotton trousers, safety shoes and eye protection.
- OHS practice
- Determining electrical characteristics of appliance
- Selecting tools, equipment, and testing devices
- Identifying point of installation
- Identifying and isolating circuit (including testing for safe isolation)
- Preparing to disconnect electrical appliance
- Undertaking visual checks of the electrical appliance and associated wiring to detect and reporting any abnormal or obvious damage or fault
- Disconnecting of electrical appliance
- Preparing to reconnect electrical appliance
- Reconnection of electrical appliance
- Testing of the reconnected electrical appliance for safe operation including polarity and earth continuity
- Identifying fault(s) at point of disconnection and/or reconnection in accordance with established procedures
- Dealing with unplanned events by drawing on essential knowledge and skills to provide appropriate solutions incorporated in a holistic assessment with the above listed items
Entry Requirement: There are no entry requirements for this course however there are requirements for obtaining the restricted electrical licence with the department of fair trading. Please refer to the Department of Fair Trading website for more information
Award: Accredited – Statement of Attainment